Thursday 6 December 2012

Hustle Hard Have Hope

Every day I'm hustlin'.
Hard.

Here at the Milk Bar, I rarely think about fibre. No, not the kind you put in your belly.
I'm talking about MORAL FIBRE. It's that pang of bad feeling you get when you put a flaming bag of poop on someone's doorstep, ring the doorbell, and run away. 

There are a lot of people that think that the advertising industry is full of slimy, attractive guys in suits that try and get teens to smoke cigarettes, but it's (probably) not. I don't really know. All I know is that there is a huge chunk of ad space that goes to the Cancer Centre, for example, or to non-profits that I would only know about through having them blasted in my face.

Today at work we took some videos for Specialized Services for Children and Youth, a  children's centre that will have all the services needed for children with disabilities under one roof, plus fun games for the kids to play while they're waiting for treatment. One of the kids involved with the centre made me stop and re-evaluate my perspective on life and the wonderful things that have happened to me.

All of this being said, I want to talk about the Threads of Hope campaign by my wonderful, beautiful friend Jackie Doming. 

This stunning beauty has been working on an integrated campaign that's so big and ambitious that I don't even really know what it all entails. She's selling super unisex leather bracelets, and some awesome branded tees on the ToH Etsy site. She designed everything herself too. 





She's also throwing a benefit concert with a guest appearance by Winnipeg celebrity Ace Burpee on February 3rd at the West End Cultural Centre.

Did I mention that she's doing this all by herself?

And why she's doing it?
It's all for a little girl in the Children's Wish Foundation, Briana

Check out the Threads on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Etsy, their Website.. uhh.. And I think that's all but there's probably other social media places I'm forgetting.. Skype?

Oh yeah, and YouTube too.



No comments:

Post a Comment