Sunday 15 January 2012

A Lotta Pilates

Do you like working out and feeling strong?

Do you wanna get ready for bikini (or.. trunk?) season?

Are you a broke student who can't afford/is too lazy to go to the gym?!

If you've answered yes to any of these, have I got a deal for you! What if I told you there is a place where you can get an ass-kicking workout absolutely FREE!?
It is literally, the second-best thing I've found on the Internet.

http://blogilates.com/ is a wonderful website run by an annoyingly cheery pilates instructor. If you click under the tab "Workout Video Index" you'll find tons of different free workouts available on-line and divided up by the body part of your liking.

I must warn you though, that these workouts are challenging. I've done almost every different form of exercise out there and I've found pilates to be the toughest. It works on your "core" strength, which I believed to be just a myth used to sell more protein powder for the longest time. 

Pilates is also great because you don't need any fancy gym equipment in order to do the workouts. You rely solely on your own body weight to do the exercises, so all you need to buy is a mat, which usually cost $8-$15 (if you're paying more you're getting gypped).

I suggest starting with one of the beginner workouts like this one:

Or, starting with one of the localized workouts as they're usually shorter.

For the more advanced, I can't get enough of this one:


And for the first time today I managed to get through this one without stopping:




Killer!!! Try some of these vids when you're feeling stressed, I guarantee it'll help.
And did I mention it's FREE????

No comments:

Post a Comment