Saturday 21 January 2012

Good Ad: M by Molson

So, last night I had a dream that my blog was a collection of advertisements that I either liked or disliked. Since this guy has been floundering around as of late, I've decided to do just that.


Thanks again, subconscious!

I really want to pursue a career in advertising, and so I figure that I can use my weekly (sometimes daily) posts as a source of inspiration, should I happen to attain such a job.


I saw this commercial on T.V. the other day, and it really caught my attention.



It's a bit of a stretch - the ad is for beer after all - but I felt that it went in a completely different direction than the generic cookie-cutter booze ads you see all the time. It's also interesting in the sense that restrictions for alcohol ads are so tight, most ad companies have to be really creative. You wouldn't know that this commercial is for alcohol at all until the very end.


The visuals are stunning, and the message is inspiring. It's almost like a short film.


Now, I'm off to go drink beer. 



1 comment:

  1. I've been pretty into these commercials too, partly because I'm probably the exact demographic they're going for (way to go, Molson!).

    It's also neat that they've totally rebranded themselves as this super classy beer, when we all know Molson is about one step above Coors Light.

    ReplyDelete